Breathing in clean, fresh air is essential for our health. For people with allergies or asthma or those who live in close spaces where air is polluted, air purifiers can be a blessing in disguise. Even the cleanest environment may have some visible or invisible particles of dirt which could be detrimental to the health. In such cases, air purifiers provide the best relief by removing pollutants.
- Factors to Consider Before Buying an Air Purifier
- List of the Best Air Purifiers 2020 Review
- 1. Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier
- 2. Biota Bot (Best Room Air Purifier with Ionizer)
- 3. Hamilton Beach 04386A (Best Air Purifier If You Have Pets)
- 4. Blueair 505HEPASilent Air Purification System
- 5. Pure Enrichment PureZone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier
- 6. LevoitLV-H132 Air Purifier
- 7. GermGuardian AC4825 22” 3-in-1 Full Room Air Purifier
- 8. Honeywell 50250-S True HEPA Air Purifier
- 9. Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier
Factors to Consider Before Buying an Air Purifier
There are certain things that must be taken into consideration to find an air purifier that best suits your needs. For starters,its purpose must be considered. Some air purifiers are specifically designed for allergies or asthma or to reduce chemical odor or smoke emission.
Furthermore, the size of the purifier must complement the space you want to place it in. For larger rooms, the sizes vary.
Most importantly, the features and maintenance it would require should be considered before finally buying one.
List of the Best Air Purifiers 2020 Review
The products are thoroughly tested in offices and in apartments before they are recommended for purchase. Thus, they are bound to maintain their performance for years to come and deliver perfect results.
Below are the best air purifiers you can choose from as per your needs.
1. Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier
Coway air purifier comes with a four-stage filtration system which includes a pre-filter, HEPA filter, odor filter and bipolar ionizer to remove pollutants from the air. It also has an air quality indicator, which lets the user know how dirty or clean the air is. Coway Mighty Air Purifier also has a timer, which the user can set as per their need to determine the time they need to use it for. There is an indicator for the filter which lets the user know when it needs changing. The auto mode adjusts the fan speed and filters the air accordingly. It has three levels of fan speed, which allow the user to adjust the air output based on their requirements.
- Very efficient and can be whisper quiet if needed.
- Really appealing and modern design which makes sure that it only adds to the beauty of you home and does not stick out like a sore thumb.
- Amazing build quality.
- Great price.
- Perfectly sized while getting the job done well (if not better than competitors which are priced more than this).
- No spare parts available.
2. Biota Bot (Best Room Air Purifier with Ionizer)
Biota Bot Air Purifier has a sleek, modern design which delivers high quality and performance. It uses a seven-stage purification process to filter out allergens, pollen’s, mold spores and textile fibers to clean the air. Hence, it is perfect for people suffering from allergies or asthma as its charcoal filter cleans the air of pet, smoke and cooking odor.
It also has an auto mode which senses the air quality and displays it. The user can also set the timer at intervals of their choosing and adjust the fan speed accordingly. The Biota Air Purifier is absolutely low maintenance and a cost-effective solution for clean air.
- Has most of the features that you can expect from a product including UV, Activated Charcoal and TRUE HEPA technology which means that it will purify your air almost as good as any other models out there, if not better.
- Has an Auto mode which means you will not have to fumble with all the different modes that it has available if you just want to turn it on and let it do its job.
- Beautiful sleek design which can be placed almost anywhere in a room.
- None as such.
3. Hamilton Beach 04386A (Best Air Purifier If You Have Pets)
This is a great solution for dealing with allergies and pollutants caused by pets and the environment. It effectively cleanses the air of dust, pet dander and pollen spores. The best thing about the Hamilton Beach Air Purifier is that it is portable and can be used anywhere.
What sets it apart is that it is extremely low-maintenance. The HEPA filter used to purify the air is permanent and does not need replacement. It can also be adjusted horizontally and vertically, as per the user’s need. The Hamilton Beach Purifier comes with three fan speeds for fast, medium and slow cleaning. It is perfect for bedrooms, offices and dens.
- Great price for the performance offered.
- Great for smaller rooms of about 160 square feet.
- Really compact which means that it does not take up a lot of space.
- HEPA support which means that it removes most particulate matter from the air.
- Not good for larger rooms because of its smaller size.
- Not TRUE HEPA support which means that there are viruses and bacteria that it cannot destroy.
- Not very silent.
4. Blueair 505HEPASilent Air Purification System
Blueair Purifiers use two filtration processes, electrostatic and mechanical, to purify the air of dust and other pollutants. It takes the unclean air from three sides, purifies it and releases clean air from the top. The area it takes in air from is six times larger than the average air purifier, which makes Blueair Purifier fast and effective.
Since it is a comparatively large unit, it is well suited for large rooms. Blueair has five air changing technologies to get rid of pollens, smoke and dust completely. It is a one-time investment for a clean and Eco-friendly environment. The timer helps keep track of changes in filter and allows the user to adjust it according to their needs.
- Loaded with all the purifying features you can expect in an air purifier and more.
- WiFi enabled which means you can control it using your smartphone by downloading the Blueair Friend smartphone app.
- Alexa compatible which means that you can control it with your voice if you have Alexa in your home.
- Not a really appealing design and because of its size, it might be an eyesore for some people.
- Dust collects very quickly in the internal components.
5. Pure Enrichment PureZone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier
What sets the PureZone Air Purifier apart from others is that it has a 3-in-1 filter with the pre-filter, activated carbon filter and HEPA filter. It can get rid of pollen and other harmful pollutants. It is extremely easy to use as it comes with an intuitive control panel for setting the timer and speed of the fan. The timer also adjusts itself according to the environment, which makes it an Eco-friendly option.
The PureZone Air Purifier makes absolutely no noise while doing its job, making the night peaceful and healthy to breathe in. Furthermore, it is portable, easy to use and effective. The best thing about this unit is that it will not run up the electricity bill.
- 3-in-1 filter means that it combines the power of a pre-filter, activated carbon filter, and HEPA filter in one machine to provide the best possible experience.
- Has an automatic timer built in which can come really handy if you want to, for example, leave home and make sure that the air is purified before you come in after work.
- Very silent.
- Is only suitable for small rooms up to 200 square feet.
- Dust accumulates much more easily than expected and it is not particularly easy to clean it up.
6. LevoitLV-H132 Air Purifier
The Levoit LV-H132 is one of the most economical and portable air purifiers out there. It can easily be placed on your night stand or taken to the office, so you can have clean air everywhere you go. It comes with a three-stage filtration system to clean out pollens, dust, smoke and any type of odor, leaving the air fresh and healthy. This makes it the best choice especially if there are children around the house. It is ideal for people with allergies as it reduces dryness and dullness in the atmosphere.
This air purifier is Eco-friendly for protecting the air from UV and ozone-damaging ions. It makes absolutely no noise and only requires maintenance every six months for changing the filter.
- Great price and good performance for the price.
- True HEPA filter means that it will remove almost all of the pollutants that might be present in the air.
- 100% Ozone free thus it is safer for the environment as well.
- Uninspired design.
7. GermGuardian AC4825 22” 3-in-1 Full Room Air Purifier
The GermGuardian AC4825 Air Purifier is AHAM-certified, which makes it the best choice for getting rid of harmful pollutants. It has a relatively higher CADR, which means it filters the air about four times faster. Furthermore, this air purifier is low-maintenance as the filter only needs replacement every 6-8 months.
The unit is extremely quiet and budget-friendly. It is specifically designed for people who are allergic or who have low tolerance for smoke. The intuitive control system makes it easy to use.
This air purifier prevents dust from accumulating in the house and reduces cleaning time. It also helps remove unpleasant odors from the kitchen and kills any airborne bacteria. It is the best choice for a healthy home.
- Great price for the performance you are getting.
- True HEPA support which means that 99.9% of the pathogens in the air will be captured.
- Has UV-C light support as well which kill airborne germs for a healthier experience.
- Tower based design means that it is good for most room sizes as large as 7-800 square feet.
- Not properly quality checked which means that some parts get damaged way too easily or way too early.
- Very loud.
8. Honeywell 50250-S True HEPA Air Purifier
The Honeywell Air Purifier takes in air from all directions and gives purified air. It is a little high-maintenance as the filter needs removal every three months, but on the bright side, it is easy to replace as no tools are required. It is a portable solution for the allergy season and for getting rid of smoke and dust pollutants.
A great thing about this purifier is that it is extremely quiet. Plus, it is a one-time investment as it is long-lasting and can be placed in offices, homes or anywhere the user wants. The most important benefit it provides is that the VOC sensor will run automatically if it senses any harmful gas in the environment.
- Function over form design which leads to more efficient and fast cleaning.
- True HEPA support which leads to removal of up to 99.9% pathogens in the air.
- Has an indicator which lets you know if you need to change or clean the filters.
- Does not really look that great.
- Really huge.
- Very loud.
9. Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier
The Winix 5300-2 comes with 4 fan speeds, which allow the user to set the speed as per their requirements. It also has a sensor to monitor the air around it and adjust the fan speed and timer accordingly. It is user-friendly because it has a LED dimmer for the comfort of its users. It also has an automatic indicator, which lets the user know when it’s time to change the filter.
Vacuuming around the house to remove pet dander and other pollutants can be hard work, but the Winix Purifier makes this easier with its HEPA filter that removes pollutants as small as 0.3 microns. It is the best air purifier for keeping the house clean 24/7. Hence, it helps create a healthy and sterile environment in the house.
- With True HEPA and PlasmaWave filters, this model captures pollutants, breaks down odor and kills pathogens without any harmful ozone emission.
- Smart sensor automatically does all the work for you so you can just push a button to turn it on and it will do the rest on its own.
- Great for medium sized room of around 350 square feet.
- Not suitable for big rooms.
- Not really compact even though it is best used for smaller rooms.
An efficient air purifier system is essential for a clean and healthy environment. For people who want an easy-to-maintain and portable solution to keep air clean in their house, GermGuardian and Levoitare the best products. They are quite Eco-friendly and can be used anywhere.
Large rooms and offices can’t go wrong with the Honeywell and Blueair as they take air from all directions and are faster as compared to others. They are a profitable investment for a clean environment.