Mountain bikes are not as simple as most people might perceive, especially when it comes to professional mountain biking, your bike is no less than a complete science. Every part of your bike is crucial and aides to the overall performance of the bike. From the holding handle to the design and construction of the wheel, every aspect of it is vital. The Best Mountain Bike pedals in particular are very important when it comes to your comfort level and the performance of your bike.
It does not matter if you are a professional mountain biker or just have a bike to cycle around your neighborhood, pedals move your wheels and are always in physical contact with you. Therefore, they need to be very efficient and of high quality. Most of the pedals wore out after certain time or start having jamming issues which is a major setback while you are riding your bike.
Our Top 5 Picks:
- 1.Smooth:Lubricated sealed bearing platform pedals 3 Bearing
- 2.Anti-skid pins : Anti-slip cleats design, strong grasps, no longer skid, better for riding or racing
- Regular fit, Lace closure
- Suede and mesh upper, Medium-flex midsole
- Maximum speed: 32KM/H (20 mph/h). Pure electric power mileage: over 19 miles. Bicycle Weight: 58 LBS. Load Capacity: 260LBS. Come with pedal assist and walk assist model. Outage braking system and Mechanical braking system, work along both lines, provide security for your trip. Please pay attention to the size and weight of the bike in case it is too big or heavy for you to ride. (Total weight: 74.63 lb
- Strong 500-Watt brushless rear motor, provide powerful power to a bicycle, allowing it to reach speeds of up to 23 MPH. Battery: The removable 36V Lithium Cell with smart lithium battery charger. 26 X 4.0 Fat Tire in All Road Fat Tire-Durable All Condition Road--More than Safe, Balance, Fast and Stable for Your Cycling.36V/12.5AH Removable Lithium Battery, so you can bring the battery to your home or office to recharge, 305*85*120 ABS plastic cell box. Battery lock and power lock function.
- LEFT & RIGHT PEDALS : To easy installation,We have divided the pedals on the left and right with signs, L for left; R for right. International standard 9/16 inch screw thread fits for BMX, MTB, Mountain Bike, Hybrid bike, Old School, Cruiser, Commuter Bike, Dirt Jumper, Folding Bike, Road Bike- Touring, Track Bike, Unicycle, Urban Bike
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND DURABLE: This mountain bike pedals weight only 0.66lbs(302g) , Sealed bearing biking pedals protect spindles from water and dust and let you enjoy cycling wherever you want with no worries. What’s more,This bike flat pedals was made with CNC integration aluminum alloy material,give you a sense of security, no matter how rough the terrain
- Flat Pedal Meets Clip Pedal: The Funn Mamba S is the perfect combo of flats and clips, combining an SPD mechanism with a full-control platform.
- Low Profile MTB Pedal: The Funn Mamba S takes the shape of our larger Mamba Pedal in a more compact platform. This gives lower weight and better ground clearance.
These pedals however are very readily replacement and the market is full of them. However selecting the right pedal for your bike may be a little confusing and that is exactly why we went through investigating them to bring to you the best 10 mountain bike pedals in the market. Let us compare these pedals in general before we review them in detail.
- Let us now discuss these mountain bike pedals in detail;
- 1. Bike Pedals, Mountain Bicycles Pedals Flat Aluminum Alloy Platform Sealed Bearing Axle
- 2. Race Face Chester Pedals
- 3. Imrider Lightweight Polyamide For BMX Road MTB Bicycle
- 4. RockBros Bike Bicycle Pedals
- 5. RockBros MTB Mountain Bike Pedals
- 6. Bonmixc Mountain Bike Pedals
- 7. Bicycle Aluminum Alloy Flat Platform Pedals 9/16″ For Road Mountain Bike Pedals BMX MTB
- 8. Agptek Bike Bicycle Pedals
- 9. Bonmixc Mountain Bike Pedals 9/16
- 10. Terra Hiker Bike Pedals
- Buyer’s Guide:
Let us now discuss these mountain bike pedals in detail;
1. Bike Pedals, Mountain Bicycles Pedals Flat Aluminum Alloy Platform Sealed Bearing Axle
These mountain bike pedals are an absolute beast to have on your bike for your best riding experience. They are constructed from quality Aluminum Alloy and [axle] chrome steel. These pedals are one of the best rated mountain pedals in the market and they also come at a very reasonable price.
These pedals are double sided and are designed to assure no slip performance. Whether you are just chilling with your mates in the neighborhood or are in a race going through the mountains, these babies make sure they are always up for an unmatched performance. A truly reliable and cost effective product that you are never going to regret buying.
- Road Bike Pedals Standard Spindle: CrMo Steel 9/16 inch.
- Recommended Use: mountain bike
- MT Bike Pedals Bearing:DU & Sealed Bearing, can bear more than 150kg
- Mountain Bicycle Feature: Dual Sided and Strong Non-Slip & Ultra-light fashion
- Bike Pedal Installation: With 9/16″ spindle check the “L” and “R” mark before doing the installation.
- Bicycle Pedals Mountain Bike Pedals Material: 6061 Aluminum Alloy
2. Race Face Chester Pedals
Preparing to participate in a mountain bike race? Well your preparations cannot be completed without these monsters of a pedals. They are designed in a way they offer you gain speed in no time and with complete control and efficiency. You would clearly notice that their design is unique and different from most of the pedals that you will see in the market.
They are sleek, stylish and give a very professional look. Race Face carefully constructs their nylon composite body to make it just as grippy and responsive as any aluminum versions and they are also available at a very affordable price which makes them one of the best choices you could have for your bike pedals.
It uses eight replaceable steel hex traction pins on each side of the pedals, Race Face gives the rubber soles of your shoes a place to hang on when you’re blasting through destructive territory. The bearing and bushing system is also completely sealed.
- Nylon composite construction , [axle] chromoly steel
- Comes with removable pins
- Only 340 g in weight
- Best for a mountain bike
- 1 year of manufacturer Warranty
3. Imrider Lightweight Polyamide For BMX Road MTB Bicycle
Making a list of 10 best mountain pedals in the market is a really tough job as this particular product has an amazing market when it comes to the quality and performance and that is one of the reasons most of these high quality pedals are not very expensive. This particular product is no exception, it’s a master piece with absolutely no flaws when it comes to study construction or reliable performance.
- Hard spindles produce strong grips to your bicycle to help prevent a sudden disconnection.
- Does not skid. Big platform shape for long ride comfort and pedaling efficiency.
- Made of high quality polyamide, good abrasion resistance and corrosion resistant
- Suitable for: BMX, cruisers bicycle, kids’ bikes, road bicycles, MTB bicycle, mountain bicycles, junior bicycle, and city bicycle, etc.
4. RockBros Bike Bicycle Pedals
A very lightweight and sleekly constructed mountain bike pedal that promises to not offer you an amazing performance but it also makes your ride more joyful. The pedals are constructed in a way that you would love to use them all day without feeling tired or slippery with your feet. The quality aluminum alloy is durable enough to make your money worth spending on this product.
- Spindle Diameter of 9/16 inch
- 398g/pair of weight
- Aluminum Alloy construction
- Quality Sealed Bearing; Axle: 9/16″
5. RockBros MTB Mountain Bike Pedals
These pedals are ‘love at first sight’ kind of product. They look very attractive and luring however the looks is not all what they offer. They are designed for absolute reliability and premium performance. The bearing is completely sealed and the construction is high quality aluminum alloy. There isn’t much you would want to desire from these pedals. They also come under a reasonable price which makes them a very good catch.
- Aluminum Alloy construction
- Efficiently Sealed Bearing
- Axle: 9/16″
- Best used for: BMX, mountain bike pedals, cruisers bicycle, kids’ bikes, road bicycles, MTB bicycle, junior bicycle, city bicycle, etc.
6. Bonmixc Mountain Bike Pedals
Trust us we are not exaggerating when we say that it would be criminal not to like these pedals. They look extremely beautiful and will bring a new flavor to your bike for your best riding performance.
They are available in four different colors for you to choose the one which would get along the best with your bike. The construction is exquisite which depicts that these pedals surely belong to elite. Sleek design, high strength and premium performance is what describes these pedals best.
- Dual Sided and Non Slip Platform
- Four Sealed Bearing offers more Stable Lubricated Bearing:
- Standard Spindle: CrMo Steel 9/16 inch
- High Strength 6061 Aluminum Alloy construction
- Lighter Weight and Ultra-Thin Size
7. Bicycle Aluminum Alloy Flat Platform Pedals 9/16″ For Road Mountain Bike Pedals BMX MTB
A very cheap choice when it comes to the price however do not even dare to assume a cheap performance. These pedals are constructed brilliantly for enhanced mountain bike experience. They are also designed to be good looking and very light in weight. Anti-slip will avoid damaging your shoes and will give you a comfortable ride.
These are not recommended for professional but they are best when it comes to your everyday mountain biking activities. They are also available in different colors from which you can choose. A nice pick for your bike before you roll your wheels in town.
- Aluminum Alloy pedal high strength by integral forming process, and strong resistance to wear
- Easy to install and Quick replacement
- Lots of antiskid nails that round grinding design, non-slip while avoiding damage to shoes.
- Available in different bright colors
- Standard Spindle: 9/16 inch. Suitable for road bikes, long-distance mountain travel bikes, etc.
8. Agptek Bike Bicycle Pedals
Another very affordable choice for your mountain bike pedal needs. The finishing is superb and they look exquisite. These pedals are best for BMX bikes, something your kids would love to have for a nice and smooth ride. There is no way the price won`t attract you. At this price there aren’t many who can beat these pedals.
They are designed to be completely slip-free and smooth. Looking to impress your bike buddies with some nice pedals? These are going to work perfectly for you!
- Bearing Alloy High Quality Pedals
- Light in weight But Strong.
- Long Ride Comfort Pedaling Efficiency.
- Non-Slip Design Better Grip
- Avoid Damage to Shoes.
- High Working Performance, Great for BMX MTB.
- Suitable for both Mountain Bikes or Road Bicycles
9. Bonmixc Mountain Bike Pedals 9/16
A truly elite class when it comes to mountain bile pedals. These are the pedals you can trust blindly. They might seem slightly costly but are worth every penny. The construction is simple yet classy. The best part of these pedals is the performance, you can use them day in and day out and would never see yourself complaining about the pedals. They have sold in highly impressive numbers and are one of the most trusted pedals by the customers.
- Dual Sided and Non Slip Platform
- High strength 6061 Aluminum Alloy construction
- Spindle Diameter of 9/16 inches
- Perfect for: BMX Bike, BMX Bike – Old School, Cruiser, Cyclocross Bike, Dirt Jumper, Folding Bike, Mountain Bike, Road Bike – Touring, Track Bike, Unicycle, Urban Bike
10. Terra Hiker Bike Pedals
If we had to choose one pedal for a mountain bike, this is the one! The design is impeccable with flawless performance. There is absolutely nothing these pedals lack and we would challenge you try to not get impressed. These pedals are one of the best rated pedals in the market and are loved by professionals and everyone else with mountain bikes. Therefore, if you are looking for the best of the best, you should check this beauty out.
- Lightweight and tough
- Universal standard pedals
- Wide and large platforms
- Replaceable traction pins
Check also: The 10 Best Crossbow for The Money
Most of the issues that people report about the pedals are temporary jamming and slipperiness. One of the issues that people usually don’t notice is that a poor pedal can actually damage your shoes in no time leaving you wondering what happened to your shoes. These pedals have become very affordable because of so many manufacturers. The quality has also been improved to a great extent. Your only worry now is to select one pedal from the 10 best mountain bike pedals that we just reviewed. All of them are flawless in their construction and performance.